Marriage of 16yrs Dissolved over Wife's Troubles, Disregard for Husband's Parents

A businessman, Mr Stephen Adejobi told the court that his wife had over the time brought hardship on him through her quarrelsomeness, acts of anarchy and total disregard for his parents.

He said, “My lord, I have never had a settled home since I got married to Seun in the year 2000. It had all along been one day, one trouble as I had never enjoyed any moment of peace of mind in my home.

“My wife, Seun, keeps igniting every attitude or act that could bring anarchy into the home by engineering misunderstanding between me and members of my extended family.

“As if those are not enough, my parents mean nothing to her as she takes them for a pinch of salt. In fact, Seun has taken it as a duty to be raining curses on me.

“Love is completely absent in this relationship, please, I need dissolution of this marriage.”

Surprisingly, the estranged wife Seun did not deny any of the allegations, and she agreed that their marriage should be dissolved.

The wife said in court: “He had always maintained a strange relationship with me. Let him go.”
Consequently, the Mapo Customary Court in Ibadan dissolved the 11-year-old marriage between Adejobi and Seun over quarrelsomeness, anarchy and disregard for parents-in-law.

The President of the court, Mr Ademola Odunade, held that it is impossible for the court to force any couple to continue in a relationship that was not beneficial to both parties.

He ruled that, “In the interest of tranquility and orderliness, the union between Adejobi and Seun has ceased to be henceforth."
The court said the three children should be with the ex-wife, and asked Adejobi to pay N10,000 monthly for the upkeep of the children and also cater for their education.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Bright Clement. info call or whatsapp +2348166575765