Foremost Igbo Lawyer Joins Nnamdi Kanu's Defence Team (Photos)

Emeka Ugwuonye 

Efforts to free Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the Independent People of Biafra - IPOB has been intensified with the employment of a foremost lawyer of South-eastern descent.

Emeka Ugwuonye made the announcement of his fresh membership of Nnamdi Kanu's legal team and has maintained confidence about his freedom.

Mr. Ugwuonye reportedly joined the team after intense pressure from Biafra advocates.



Read his brief statement on Facebook:

"I will be announcing my appearance in court any moment from now in this extremely important trial. I have had further briefing from Mr. Kanu himself in these respects. I accepted to act as a lawyer in this case because there are urgent and critical questions of justice and due process in this case, which have profound implications for the administration of criminal justice in Nigeria and the entire continent of Africa.

Also, I believe that Mr. Kanu's rights have been seriously eroded in the course of this case. These rights deserve protection, not only for Mr. Kanu, but for all humanity. I shall be guided by the highest standards of ethics and the laws in discharging my functions as counsel in the case. So help me God.

This puts to rest the constant clamour from the supporters of the IPOB that I step into this case as counsel."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Bright Clement. info call or whatsapp +2348166575765