Nigerian Woman Cries Out for Justice After Policemen Reportedly Kidnapped Her 2 Children in River State (Photos)

Mrs. Jane Tobotamuno Kayode has cried out for justice 

A Nigerian woman, Jane Tubotamuno Kayode has raised alarm over the abduction of her 2 children, Emijuwon and Asiwaju by some policemen on their way to school in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

The woman who expressed anguish over the matter revealed that the incident happened on 15th June, and since then nothing has been heard of her kids.

She wrote:


“PLEASE SHARE UNTIL INSPECTOR GENERAL OF POLICE SEES THIS. SAVE EMI-J AND ASIWAJU KAYODE.

This incident occured on the 15th of june 2017 at Ozuboko Estate, Abuloma, Port Harcourt. When some police men numbering about 10 to 15 attacked me and took custody of my two children EMIJUWON eight (8) years old and ASIWAJU KAYODE ten (10) years old.

This incident happened about 6:30am on the said date as i was taken my kids to school, i saw this police van with police men inside the van just two blocks from my house. I drove past them in the taxi i hired for that day, only to be double crossed by another two cars make the police cars three (two police van and one unpainted car) and i tried to make a call and one of the officers seized my phone and threatened to shoot me if i try to raise alarm in the estate and nothing will happen.

Straight they pointed a gun an me and tried to forcefully take out of the car but I refused to come out or release my kids. The police men molested the driver of the car and asked him to come down which he obeyed and from there a police office took over the steering and drove the car to SCID rivers state police command.

It was at this point i was over powered and my two children soaked in their own tears were dragged and taken away from me and transferred into a waiting tinted Sienna Car, and immediately the car started leaving.

I tried to shout, but was threatened by these armed police men who then pushed me into another police van, and drove me to the police office mess, where i meet one MR Abua (O/C Legal of SCID) who in front of me gave a command “YOU CAN LEAVE NOW” when i confronted him what was happening he told me that my kids were coming back even as the car was driving out of the officers mess.

In shock i ran after the tinted sianna car to see who was inside, but couldn’t as the car drove off at top speed, and that was the last time i saw my kids.

Mean while these whole operation lasted between 6:30am and 8:00am and we never entered any office to document anything neither did any of the police officers identify their self to me except the O/C Legal who i later discovered was Mr Abua.

This is seven days down and no useful information has been given to me by the police concerning the children they too custody of. I am using the medium to call on all Nigerians to ask the police to provide the state and condition of my two children. thank, while wee keep sharing and seeking help to unravel the mystery surrounding the taking away of my two children by the police.

Anybody with a clue on the where about of my children should please call me directly on 08099573506 #savemychildren."

Billionaire Kidnapper: Evans' Father Insists He Never Got N3million from Him

Evans' father, Mr. Stephen Onwuamadike

According to a report by The Nation, Mr. Stephen Onwuamadike, father of suspected kidnap kingpin, Chukwudi Chidumeme Onwuamadike (aka Evans) Friday dismissed as false, claim by Evans of once giving him N3million and a Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV).

The alleged gift was proceed of crime, Evans had told reporters last weekend when he took interrogators to one of the dens his gang used for the detention of victims on Green Street, Jakande Estate, Isolo,Lagos.

“Before I stopped going home, I gave my father N3million and I bought him a jeep and pick up van. I believe that part of the money I gave him was what he used to establish the piggery business. Had it been my father had taken good care of me, I wouldn’t have become what I am today,” the suspect said.


However, Onwuamadike (snr) said Friday that nothing could have been farther from the truth than the allegation by his son.

“If he insists that he gave me money, they should ask him when and how he brought the money to me, whether through the bank or through anybody,” he told The Nation on Thursday at his Nnewi, Anambra State residence.

“I have been in poverty in Nnewi here and feeding has been a problem for me and somebody, somewhere said he gave me N3million.Where is the money or any sign of it in this house? “Money does not hide, I feed myself and my mother with this small piggery I’m running, while my mother engages in buying of goats to keep body and soul together even at her old age”

“My son should stop talking of things that are impossible and pray to God for forgiveness. I have never been in support of bad things in life and will never engage in such at this age.”

Onwumadike (snr) also disputed claim by Evans that he has herbalists in Nnewi (one of whom,according to him,is a traditional ruler) who were preparing charms for him.

The 58 year old father of 11 described the allegation as name dropping. He said Nnewi has only one traditional ruler and four Obis and none of them is a herbalist.

“Security operatives should take him to Pastor T.B Joshua for deliverance before any other thing, but he should stop dropping names,” he said.

Nation Weeps as Ex President Dies... See Details

Sir Ketumile Masire 

A former president of Botswana Sir Ketumile Masire, has died.

According to BBC, Botswana has consequently declared three days of national mourning after the death of the former president who was aged 91.

Mr Masire, who led the country from 1980 to 1998, is credited with being the architect of the country's famed stability.

He was also involved in peace initiatives across Africa, including ending Mozambique's long civil war.

Botswana has had uninterrupted civilian rule since independence in 1966.

Man Melts Hearts Around the World After Proposing to Both Woman and Her Daughter (Photos)

Grant Tribbett, a 29-year-old man's proposal to his girlfriend and her daughter has warmed hearts all over the world.

According to PEOPLE, Grant Tribbett and Cassandra Reschar, 26, have been dating for 7 months after meeting on Facebook via mutual friends.

In the short time, Grant already decided he wanted to spend forever with Cassandra but he knew she did not come alone so while proposing to her with a ring, he also went down on one knee and proposed to her 5-year-old daughter, asking if he could be her dad.


On May 27, Grant told Cassandra and her daughter Adrianna to get dressed because he was taking them out to breakfast.

Unknown to them, he had enlisted the help of Cassandra's photographer friend, Mandi Gilliland, who followed them but stayed hidden.

He took the ladies for breakfast at Cracker Barrel and afterwards, he drove them to Ritchey Woods Nature Preserve in Fishers, Indiana and Cassandra knew then that something was odd.

She told Inside Edition: “I was kind of taken aback that he took us to Cracker Barrel. He was just acting so strange. I knew something was up. But I was hoping that he wouldn’t do anything inside (the restaurant). It was too crowded, there were too many people.”

At the Ritchey Woods Nature Preserve, Grant led them through trees for about a mile, with Cassandra in heels then when they got to a wooden bridge, he got down on one knee and that's when her photographer friend came out of her hiding place to start taking photos.

He first asked Cassandra to marry him and after the dazed girlfriend accepted, he went down on his knees again, brought out a jewelry box with holding a heart-shaped necklace, then asked the 5-year-old: "Adrianna can I be your daddy, to promise to love and protect you for the rest of your life?" Cassandra said her daughter was extremely happy to finally have a daddy.

She said: “She was yelling, ‘I finally get a daddy, mommy! I finally get a daddy!’’’ Cassandra wrote about the surprise proposal in a post on The Knot's How He Asked.7 "After anxiously eating breakfast, hoping and praying he wasn't going to get down on one knee in the middle of a very busy Saturday morning brunch, we left.

We walked a mile in the woods, all the while I was wearing heels. It was quite the adventure, let me tell you! Finally, we got to a wooden bridge in the middle of the forest and he got down on one knee. After proposing to me, Grant got back down to propose to my daughter.

He said 'Adrianna can I be your daddy, to promise to love and protect you for the rest of your life?' As soon as he spoke those sweet words, I once again broke down in tears. Not the cute kind of tears either, the bawling type tears. My little heart could not take so much love!"

“The dream of every mother is for her daughter to grow up happy,” Cassandra told InsideEdition on Thursday. “She has always wanted a daddy.” Speaking about how she felt when he proposed to her, Cassandra said: “I just froze. I couldn’t even tell you exactly what he said.”

When he then asked to be Adrianna's father, the tears flowed uncontrollably.

“I was bawling by then,” Cassandra said. "The photographer was crying.”

Little Adrianna is reportedly already looking forward to being the flower girl at the wedding, which is planned for December. She will also share a special dance with her new dad at the wedding.

Her mother said she is also already anticipating being a big sister. “She thinks that as soon as we get married, a baby will just appear,” Cassandra said, laughing.

“We’re trying to tell her it might be a year or two.” Grant loves Adrianna so much like his own and says he knew Cassandra had a daughter before he started dating her and it was one of the things he loved most about her.

He said: “Honestly it was one of the many qualities she has that captured my heart,” Tribbett, who lives in Westfield, Indiana, told TODAY.

He continued: “Now it hasn't been the easiest transition going from a bachelor to a full-time dad, but I wouldn't change it for the world. (Adrianna) has taught me so much more about life and truly has given my life more meaning.”

UNN, OAU, UNILAG, Unizik & More: 38 Nigerian Universities Increase Their Tuition Fees (See Full List)

In a statement released on Thursday by the Chairman of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) - the University of Ibadan chapter, Dr. Deji Omole, no fewer than 38 universities across Nigeria have increased their school fees.

According to reports, the latest increment might be attributed to poor funding by the federal and state governments as ASUU poorly rated the President Muhammadu Buhari in the area of funding of university education.


ASUU also noted that it will be difficult for any Nigeria university to effectively compete globally with the attitude of Buhari not to allocate enough budgetary allocation as prescribed by UNESCO to fund education.

The statement which assessed the two years of Buhari in office, lamented that the current government had made Nigerians poorer, adding that public education was not taken seriously because most children of the rich and those in high offices do not school in Nigeria.

Below is a list of tuition increment in some universities as collated by Vanguard, in the order of institution, old fees, new fees...

1. UNILAG N14,500 - N63,500

2. ABU N27,000 - N41,000

3. UNN N60,450 - N66,950

4. OAU N19,700 - N57,700

5. UNIZIK N20,100 - N65,920

6. BUK N26,000 - N40,000

7. UNIABUJA N39,300 - N42,300

8. UDU N32,000 - N43,000

9. NOUN N36,000 - N41,000

10. UNIBEN N12,000 - N49,500

11. UNILORIN N16,000 - N75,500

12. FUTA N13,560 - N83,940

13. FUTMINNA N20,000 - N37,000

14. FUNAAB N18,250 - N33,000

15. UNICAL N30,500 - N42,750

16. UNIUYO N71,000 - N84,250

17. FCET Akoka N16,000 - N40,000

18. Osun Varsity N95,000 - N135,500

19. ANSU N76,000 - N139,000

20. LASU N96,750 - N158,250

21. IBBU N25000 - N52,000

22. IMSU N120,000 - N150,000

23. PLASU N50,000 - N100,000

24. MAPOLY N57,000 - N75,000

25. Ibadan Poly N30,000 - N50,000

26. Abia Poly N56,550 - N61,000

27. Auchi Poly N14,800 - N28,000

28. Osustech N70,000 - N80,000

29. ESUT N104,900 - N124,900

30. KWARAPOLY N28,000 - N44,000

31. LAUTECH N65,000 - N72,500

32. TASUED N66,500 - N76,500

33. Afe Babalola N675,000 - N1,075,000

34. Igbinedion N540,000 - N820,000

35. Crawford N400,000 - N600,000

36. Redeemers N545,000 - N605,000

37. Covenant N774,500 - N814,500

38. Benson Idahosa N284,300 - N1,150,000.0

Chelsea Midfielder, N'golo Kante Wins Footballer of the Year Award

N'Golo Kante 

Chelsea midfielder N’Golo Kante has been voted the 2017 Footballer of the Year by the Football Writers’ Association.

The France international beat the poll of the 340-strong membership ahead of Blues team-mate Eden Hazard, with Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli in third place.

Between them, Blues duo Kante and Hazard, who was the 2015 Footballer of the Year, collected more than 65 per cent of the journalists’ votes, which were spread over a record number of 17 different players.


N'Golo Kanté is a French professional footballer who plays as a central midfielder for English club Chelsea and the France national team.

Kanté is of Malian descent and was born March 29th, 1991 and was instrumental in Leicester’s shock Premier League triumph last season and following his £32million summer switch to west London, the midfielder looks set to collect a second successive championship medal with Chelsea now needing just two more victories to secure the title.

The 26-year-old will receive the prestigious FWA accolade, which has been awarded since 1948, at a gala dinner in London on May 18 when the association marks its 70th anniversary.

In Kante's word: “It is a fantastic honour to win this award. With so many great players in this Chelsea squad and in the Premier League, for the Football Writers’ Association of this country to name me as their Footballer of the Year is a very proud moment in my career,” said Kante, who last month collected the Professional Footballers’ Association Player of the Year trophy.

Five Chelsea players were nominated by FWA members, with David Luiz, Diego Costa and Cesar Azpilicueta also receiving votes.

My Husband Beat Me So Hard That He Broke My SKull - Mercy Aigbe Makes More Revelations (See Photo)

Nigerian actress, Mercy Aigbe 

Nollywood actress, Mercy Aigbe, has made public more evidence of domestic violence she suffered in the hands of her husband, Lanre Gentry. The latest revelation was made on her Instagram post as she hinted that her husband broke her skull during a recent fight.

She further alleged that her husband is trying to run away from justice and conniving with the Police to rob her of justice.


Mercy also posted a picture of her in the hospital when Gentry allegedly broke her skull. The actress further said though she had been advised to keep silent, she was scared for her life.

Mercy wrote: "Why will a man who claims to love you, beat you to the extent of breaking your skull?………wat was my crime?

@asiwajulanregentry you have to tell the world what my crime was?…… Now you are on the run!……. trying to connive with the police so I won’t get justice!!!!!!!…… Lanre you can run but you can’t hide, you can tell all the LIES in this world but trust me at the end of it all the TRUTH will prevail and I will get Justice…….

People keep saying I shouldn’t talk and that I should think of our child………. but you keep threatening to kill me, why I don’t know!!!!!!!!!!!….. Now that you are conniving with the police I don’t feel safe and I have to cry out!………..

We were supposed to be in court this morning and you lied that you are on Admission and can’t be in court! @asiwajulanregentry you on admission? God you can never stop LYING……..then again I ask you why are you afraid to come to court?

#onlyweakmenhittheirwives #saynotodomesticviolence #iamavictimandiamspeakingout #ihavebeenquietfortoolong #timetotalk #sufferedfortoolong #challenges #conqueror"

Forced Marriage? Drama in Church as Angry Bride Refuses to Kiss the Groom on Her Wedding Day (Video)

Scenes from the weddings 

There was a mild drama during a wedding ceremony when an angry bride refused to kiss her groom on their wedding day, leaving both families and friends shocked by what they were witnessing.

It was gathered that the bride caught her husband cheating a day before their wedding day but still went ahead to walk down the aisle.

Watch the video clip from the wedding below; 

JUST IN: See the Man Appointed as New Vice-Chancellor of OAU (Photo)

Prof. Eyitope Ogunbodede 

The Governing Council of Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile-Ife, has announced the appointment Prof. Eyitope Ogunbodede, a Professor of Oral Maxillofacial from Faculty of Dentistry as the new Vice-Chancellor of the University.

The Chairman of the Council, Dr Yemi Ogunbiyi, announced this in Ile-Ife on Monday. He replaced Prof. Idowu Bamitale Omole, who concluded his tenure in highly controversial circumstances. The new vice-chancellor will steer the affairs of the university for non renewable term of five years.


According to him, the new vice-chancellor got 93 per cent in the selection process to beat Prof. Ayobami Salami, who scored 78 per cent and Prof. Bisi Aina got 73 percent. He said that 22 applicants initially applied, while 21 applicants were screened and interviewed for the position of the vice-chancellor.

Ogunbiyi pledged that under this present governing council, he would ensure that things would move forward.

In his response, the newly appointed vice-chancellor thanked God for His mercy during the period of selection and appreciated the governing council for the appointment.

Ogunbodede said that the selection was done transparently and followed due process and thanked members of staff for doggedness in the selection. He solicited for the cooperation of all members of staff, saying, “ a tree cannot make a forest”.

The new vice-chancellor emphasised the need for unity of purpose in making the university a world-class institution.

Mr Wole Odewumi, the Chairman of Non-Academic Staff Union (NASU) told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that the process was "transparent and acceptable”. Odewumi described the atmosphere in which the announcement of Ogunbodede as “peaceful”.

He thanked almighty God for guiding the selection and lauded the governing council for the job well done.

Mr Ademola Oketunde, the Chairman, Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU) said that the appointment of the new vice-chancellor marked a new era. Oketunde urged Ogunbodede to operate an open door policy in order to achieve his goals.


-NAN