TOO BAD! Actress Kendra Etufunwa Loses Mum To Poor Medical Diagnosis


Nigerian actress,  Kendra Etufunwa lost her mother, Grace Nwosisi Etufunwa on May 29. The story about Mrs Etufunwa’s death is so heartrending. She underwent surgery on May 25th to remove a tumor that had been growing in her stomach for 12 years. The 'Jacob’s Cross' actress narrated what led to her mother’s death. 

Kendra said:
“Nigeria is a funny place. My mom has been ill for YEARS, not one or two years, way longer. And all the doctors she saw kept treating her for typhoid and malaria. This year alone she has been treated for these ailments nothing less than five times!

I got a bit worried and decided to transfer her from all those private hospitals to a teaching centre. Only for us to discover here, that after my brother was born 12 years ago (he was born through a Caesarian operation which was badly done) scar tissues were formed causing a serious obstruction in her stomach.

She was operated on last (May 25th) night and a really large tumor/lump was taken out of her stomach. It will be tested for cancer and I’m hoping it comes out negative. This woman has been walking around for 12 years with something so big inside her making her sick. And all the doctors we saw were treating her for the wrong shit!! 12 years!!! Constantly injecting her for the wrong ailments and placing her on drips, which has now led to all her veins collapsing. I am weak. I have no words! I’m enraged! Our medical system in that country is so messed up! My mom could have died!! But God is great, and I Believe everything happens for a reason.”

Unfortunately, Mrs Etufunwa didn’t make it. Her distraught daughter took to Facebook to announce:

“Last night, I lost my mother, my best friend, my soul mate, to the cold hands of death. I never thought I would feel real pain like this. My heart hurts! The one person who loved me unconditionally and prayed for me at all times was taken away from me. What am I supposed to do without you mom? This was not the plan. You promised you’ll always be there. We had so much ahead of us.

How do we your kids go on? How do I comfort my little siblings? Who am I going to speak to on the phone everyday? If only I could get one last chance to speak to you, I’ll do anything just to hear your voice. I know you were in a lot of pain and suffering, and now you’re at peace. Keep looking down on us my Angel. And rest in the bosom of our Lord. My heart will never be the same again, but I will Always love you till death.

RIP Grace Nwosisi Etufunwa.”

May her gentle soul rest in peace - Amen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Bright Clement. info call or whatsapp +2348166575765