‘Excessive drinking of Red Bull is making me blind’- British Mum


A jobless 26 year old British mum of 3 says she is going blind due to drinking too much Red Bull, an addiction she says she spends almost $13,000 of her benefits from the Govt, per year on it.
      
She says she drinks about 28 cans of the energy drink a day and was unaware of the damage she was doing to her body until she collapsed in June.


Doctors discovered Ms Lupari had developed a condition known as Idiopathic intracranial hypertension (IIH).
“I’m hooked on Red Bull, it’s like a Class A drug,” she said. “Recently I started getting migraines and then black spots in my vision. My gran had the same symptoms and within two years she was dead.
“I’m trying to cut down but I’ve tried before and I always relapse. I can’t let it go.”
Ms Lupari has been warned to shed 50 kilograms from her 165-kilogram frame, or risk even more serious health problems.

She believes that Britain’s National Health Service should provide her with a gastric band for free.
“I’ve done this to myself but I deserve surgery on the NHS,” she said.
A spokeswoman for Red Bull said the drink should be “consumed in moderation”.
“One 250 ml can of Red Bull Energy Drink contains the same amount of sugar as in the same-sized apple juice, orange juice or conventional soft drink (27g),” she said. “Like any foods or beverages, energy drinks should be consumed in moderation and as part of a balanced and varied diet and healthy lifestyle. Our product is predominantly sold in small cans, which contributes to such moderation.”


The Sun

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Bright Clement. info call or whatsapp +2348166575765