‘I Beat Over 30 Actors To Land Lead Role In ‘The Wedding Party” – Banky W Boasts

Popular R&B star, Banky W has revealed that he didn’t get the leading role of Dozie Onwuka in record-breaking movie, The Wedding Party on a platter of gold.

He disclosed this during his recent visit to Nigeria reality TV show #BBNaija house.


Elaborating on his acting debut, Banky said, ‘Ability is one thing but you still have to go out and earn it. I had to audition and it’s funny to people because they think oh Banky W… First of all, even for me, the only success that I know and I’m familiar with is success that you earn. I have never won a raffle draw. I don’t do luck, I do work. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work out. You have to earn your way in and earn up.’ 

“For the Wedding Party, I was told to audition. I auditioned next to 20 and 30 people, got through the first round and told to come back. Went again and moved ahead. Then I got the role.’

Banky W has received rave reviews over his first major movie role.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Bright Clement. info call or whatsapp +2348166575765