Woman Who Married Herself After She Clocked 40 Years Without A Husband Speaks Out

Friends and family were happy whenYasmin Eleby invited them to awedding event in Houston, Texas on January 3 2015. But nearly all the invitees showed signs of shock when Yasmin told them that there's no groom - only a happy bride and her beautiful wedding. Yasmin recently appeared on ABC News where she spoke about her marriage. Read what she said after the cut.

“I’d been saying a few years that if I hadn’t gotten married by the time I was 40, I’d just have a wedding by myself. “I decided I didn’t want it to be a joke. I wanted to have a celebration of myself. My wedding was going to be about me making a commitment to love myself, to honor myself and to know my self-worth. “Everyone was so amazed when they saw the room. They were like, ‘Is this a wedding? A wedding? What’s going on!'

“The advice and speeches given during my vows weren’t just for me. Everyone there started reflecting on their life on how you have to forgive yourself for the past and know you are a worthy human being worthy of love. You first have to love yourself. The more love you have yourself, the more you can love others.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Bright Clement. info call or whatsapp +2348166575765