VIDEO: President Buhari Repeats Himself - 'My Wife’s Job Is To Look After Me In the Kitchen & The Other Room'

When President Muhammadu Buhari said his wife belonged in the kitchen, living room, and the other room - Garba Shehu, his special assistant on media and publicity, dismissed it as mere humorous banter. But the president has come out to prove that he was not joking - as he told German tv channel, Deutsche Welle, that his wife’s function is to take care of him. Read the transcript and watch the video clip after the cut.

Reporter: Recently your wife criticised your choices for top jobs, and you responded by saying “I don’t know which party my wife belongs to, but she belongs to my kitchen and my living room.” What did you mean by that, sir?

Buhari: I am sure you have a house. … You know where your kitchen is, you know where your living room is, and I believe your wife looks after all of that, even if she is working.

Reporter: That is your wife’s function?

Buhari: Yes, to look after me.

Reporter: And she should stay out of politics?

Buhari: I think so.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Bright Clement. info call or whatsapp +2348166575765