Mikel Obi Reportedly Snubbed Sunday Oliseh's Invitation


A new twist has emerged in relation to the 18-man list of foreign based Super Eagles players that were invited by coach Sunday Oliseh.

One of the main surprises was the exclusion of Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel and Oliseh today, Thursday,  August 19 revealed that the player ignore his invitation which was why he left him out the squad.

"I called John Obi Mikel to be a part of my team but he never responded," Oliseh said at the Super Eagles media parley in Abuja.

"I'll treat all players equally and no one is bigger. All the players I called responded, only Mikel didn't, we have to go without him."
 play
Sunday Oliseh and his Jean Francois Losciuto at the media parley (TheNFF.com)
This is not the first time Mikel will be accused of ignoring the invitations from the national team.

Former Super Eagles coach, Stephen Keshi revealed that the Chelsea midfielder did not reply his messages before he left him out of the team to face Chad in the 2017 African  Nations Cup qualifiers in June.

"When I heard that Mikel was injured I tried severally to get him on phone to ask after his health but surprisingly he did not pick the calls. I sent text messages too but up till now that I speak with you he hasn’t called back or sent me text," Keshi said at that time.

Instead of representing his country in the AFCON qualifiers, Mikel instead chose to spend his summer holidays with his girlfriend, Olga Diyachenko in Dubai.

Olga has posted a series of photos of herself and her boyfriend on a summer trip to Dubai.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Bright Clement. info call or whatsapp +2348166575765