Beautiful lady bathed with acid by ex-lover... demands justice

I wonder what makes it easy for people to visit evil on someone they used to love or even still love?

A 25-year-old caterer, Rosemary Nnaife, who was allegedly bathed with acid by her ex-lover in the Surulere area of Lagos, has demanded the prosecution of the man, identified as Paul.
Rosemary, a Delta State indigene, whose face had been scarred by the acid, cried out that since the incident, Paul had yet to be prosecuted.

The lady explained that she had dated Paul for four years before the relationship ended due to abuse and violence.

She said she got into another relationship, which did not go down well with the Paul, who allegedly began sending threat messages to her and her new boyfriend.

The threat allegedly culminated in an acid bath after she was tricked out of her residence in Ikotun.

Rosemary said she was rushed to the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Surulere, by sympathisers, while Paul was arrested by policemen from the Itire division.

She said although the Directorate of Public Prosecutions ordered that her ex-lover be tried at Lagos High Court, the case was still pending.

She said, “I dated Paul for four years and I loved him. But the problem was that he was always beating me. He also embarrassed me in the public, so I ended the relationship.

“I got another boyfriend and moved on with my life. But Paul was angry and he attacked me. He got my new boyfriend’s number and threatened him. He also threatened me. But I didn’t take the threats seriously.

“Some days later, an unknown number called me and when I picked it, it was a woman. She said she wanted me to bake cakes for her and I should come down to Surulere. We agreed to meet at Lawanson bus stop.

When I got to the bus stop, somebody touched my shoulder from behind. When I turned around, I saw Paul. He then poured the acid on me and ran away.”

According to Punch, the man was arraigned by police at the Ebute-Meta Chief Magistrate’s Court, where he was admitted to bail.

However, the case was said to have stalled.

Rosemary called for justice, saying she wanted her ex-lover to pay damages and bear the cost of a plastic surgery.

He has been walking free, while I have been scarred for life. I want him to pay for this. I need the help of the government and the good people of Nigeria,” she added.

The Director of the Lagos Public Advice Centre, Mrs. Tola Akinsanya, said the agency would revive the case to ensure there was diligent prosecution.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Bright Clement. info call or whatsapp +2348166575765