Security Guard Arrested For Armed Robbery In Lagos (Photo)

Detectives attached to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), Ikeja, Lagos State Police Command have arrested a security guard for armed robbery. The suspect, Olayode Fashina (36), a member of the Oodua Peoples’ Congress (OPC), was alleged to be involved in a robbery case.
According to him, his trouble started because police found a rifle, which he uses as his guard tool in his possession.
He said: “The man who gave me the work as a guard is fully in charge of the gun. I have handed the gun to him. I’m not an armed robber. I’m a security guard. I use my rifle for my job. I guard a filling station. I have never used the gun to steal before. Police arrested me because the rifle found with me doesn’t have a license. I was working on getting a license before I got arrested.”
The state Commissioner of Police, Mr Edgal Imohimi, alleged that the suspect was involved in the robbery that took place at Mobthos Filling Station, located at Igando area of the metropolis.
The police further alleged that robberies had become frequent at the station.
While fielding questions from journalists, Fashina said: “I’m the owner of the axe, but the gun was given to me by the leader of our OPC group. The name of our leader is Odo Adewale. He’s the person that used to supply instrument for our work.
“When the police came we ran owing to the fact that we had no license for those guns in our possession but unfortunately I was apprehended along Isolo Police Station. And afterwards was brought to the Lagos State Police Command, Ikeja.”
He added that the leader of the group was meant to return these guns from where he got them thereby keeping it away from the reach of people who might want to use them in a wrong way.
He said: “But unknown to us that some of the guns were still in his possession and kept for his personal use. He lied to us of having returned them. That was how the police started tracing us and I was arrested on December 2017.”
Information gathered  from police officials showed that he had once been involved in so many other robbery cases.
One of the police officers said some of the armed robbers were yet to be arrested. However, members of the group went away with other weapons which are yet to be recovered from them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Bright Clement. info call or whatsapp +2348166575765