Hit And Run Driver Knocks Down RRS Rider (Photo)


Pictured is the driver who hit the RRS rider...Operatives of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) of the Lagos State Police Command arrested him for a traffic offence and for knocking down an official of the law.

The driver, Yusuf Ogunbiyi, 35, an auto-technician was chased and arrested at his workshop in Ogundele Street, Off Ikosi Road by another team of RRS riders closed to the scene of the incidence.

Ogunbiyi, who drove a Toyota Sienna, 2003 model with the registration number LSD 573 DR, said he was going to Oregun from Mowe. ‘I got to 7up, I didn’t know the outlet from Ikosi Road was One Way, I entered it and I was waived down by a Traffic Police Officer and a LASTMA official but I tried to evade them, unknowingly to me, an RRS rider was equally trying to stop me but the vehicle too close to him, I swerved off immediately with a bid to escaping crushing him.

But, I ended up knocking him off the road with the bumper. I was too shock and afraid, even though my colleagues in the car told me to stop, I sped off. They traced me to my workshop and that was where I was arrested”, he explained.

I am sorry for everything, I didn’t know that place is one way. I just finished my apprenticeship and looking for funds for my graduation. The RRS rider, Corporal Nasir Abdul who sustained injuries,was seen limping at the RRS headquarters, Alausa, Ikeja. He has been taken to Accident Emergency Centre, at Old Toll Gate, near Ojota for treatment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Bright Clement. info call or whatsapp +2348166575765