After 8 Months Without a Game, Emmanuel Adebayor Finally Signs for Crystal Palace (Photos)

Togolese professional footballer, Sheyi Emmanuel Adebayor, who previously played for Arsenal, Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur, has officially completed his transfer to another EPL club, Crystal Palace.

The club confirmed the former Tottenham striker's capture until the end of the season as the contract is an 18 month agreement with a summer break clause. The 31-year-old will wear No 25 at Selhurst Park.

Palace will reportedly pay Adebayor around £70,000-per-week; with Spurs paying the remaining £30,000-per-week of his White Hart Lane deal that expires in June.

It can be recalled that Adebayor left Spurs by mutual consent in September, but the north London club are still responsible for his £100,000-per-week wages. 


Adebayor's capture comes at a timely juncture for Palace boss, Alan Pardew with current No 1 striker facing a three match ban after he was retrospectively charged with violent conduct by the FA for an alleged elbow on Spurs' Jan Vertonghen on Saturday. 


EMMANUEL ADEBAYOR Q&A AFTER SIGNING FOR CRYSTAL PALACE 

Why Palace?

My family is quite happy in London, Palace has been playing the football that I like. And they've got a few players who are my friends. Hopefully I can bring my experience, and what I have learned in football, to Palace and help the team achieve what they want to achieve. Not a lot of football, looking forward to it? I was brought up in Africa playing football on the streets. It was hard for my fans not seeing me playing football, but I was playing every day in Africa so I don't think it's going to be hard. I'm just going to go out there, play my football and enjoy myself again.

What have you be doing to stay fit? 

I think you can see on my social media that I have been working out every day. Where I was born we did not have any gym equipment but we found a way to do our workout. I have been working out, that's all I can tell you. Fitness wise - the first week will be hard because you're coming back to professionalism but apart from that that is what I've been doing. You can ask people at Arsenal and Manchester City, they will tell you the same thing. I have not been working out only when I joined Tottenham, I have been working out for long. That's why I have managed to do what I have in my career, whether I am playing for a team or not.
Click to Like our Facebook Page | Earn N50,000 Monthly click this link for more info | Click to download your favourite music | Click to Visit my youtube channel

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Bright Clement. info call or whatsapp +2348166575765