Pregnant Woman In Police Net For Assaulting Her 13-Year-Old Househelp With Pressing Iron

A pregnant woman identified as Mr Monica Momodu has been arrested by the police for allegedly assaulting her house-help with pressing iron. The victim, Sandra Egbadon, a 13-year-old girl who is presently in J.S.S 2 has been living with the woman for the past five years. According to the story, the teenager was ironing the Momodu's children's clothes on Sunday when she started dozing off. Her guardian, seeing that she was sleeping while ironing, reportedly took the iron and slammed it on her hand and thigh. The victim who is from Edo State admitted that she dozed off, she revealed that she had washed her madam's children's clothes and had fanned the woman when there was power outage. She was already tired when PHCN restored power, but her madam instructed her to iron children's clothes. It was her teachers who noticed the wounds on her body and reported the matter to the police which led to the arrest of the woman.

According to Punch, the young girl narrated her story saying she wanted to go home.  she said: “On Sunday, she said it was stuffy and told me to fan her. When the electricity was restored, she told me to iron her children’s clothes. I was sleepy while ironing the clothes. She said I wanted to burn the clothes, she collected the iron and placed it on my hand and thigh.  “Her husband is not aware of the way she treats me. He lives in Abuja and comes home once in a while. Whenever we travel home, she is kind to me in the presence of my father. I want to go back home.”

But Momodu said the housemaid injured herself with the iron out of fear when she chided her for dosing. She added that she had wanted to take her back home but her father refused. She said, “She was sleeping and I asked her how she could be sleeping while ironing. It was that shock that led to all this. I did not know she informed her teacher. The iron fell on her. I did not do it. I did not tell her to fan me.”

Who's now saying the truth? hnmmmmmm

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Bright Clement. info call or whatsapp +2348166575765